Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pile Up Wednesday: Think Pink

Hello Stickles Lovers! Welcome to Wednesday!!!! Cathy here from the ATS Design Team bringing you another Pile Up Wednesday. I went all out and Piled Up THREE creations inspired by our Think Pink Linky Party.

Here's the first creation.
Stamps: Digital Delights (Thinking Pink Lara and Think Pink Sentiment)
Stickles: Cotton Candy, Pink, Frosted Lace
I scaled back a 'bit' today with the number and amount of Stickles I applied. I wanted to show you how you can use a family of similar colors to create a Pile Up.
The image of Lara has quite a bit of Stickles but I focused on the word PINK instead of the whole ribbon for Stickles enhancement.

Here's my second creation. If you've been with us from the beginning, you may recognize the word art from my technique called Writing with Stickles. I am SO guilty of coloring images, adding Stickles and then just letting them sit orphaned on my desk. I was excited to finally get this one on a card.
Stamps: Kaboodle Bug Designs Love Bandit Titles
Stickles: Gold, Silver, Christmas Red, Stardust, Frosted Lace
Stickles don't always photograph the best, you really need to catch the light. See how angling the card in the photo below shows that the ENTIRE image has a layer of Stickles. Only 4 colors and not even one pink. Want to know a tip? If you apply a 'clear' color of Stickles over your colored (alcohol or dye based ink) piece, the color will show through. Remember if you apply Stickles over water based ink, it will cause the color to bleed. Stickles are a liquid glue and the moisture will cause the bleeding of color. I colored the pink border with Copics and layered Stardust Stickles over it. It looks like pink (more Cotton Candy) Stickles but with complete color coverage. 
Here you can REALLY see the sparkle.
It's hard to see but I added a few dots of Frosted Lace Stickles to the butterfly.

Here's my final Think Pink creation and my favorite.
Stamps: Boobie Love (Saturated Canary)
Stickles: True Blue, Diamond, Christmas Red, Mystic Green, Pink, Platinum
I LOVE Krista Smith's Saturated Canary line of images. This was my first try at enlarging the digi to just focus on the gorgeous face. I bet you can't even see the Stickles in the photo above; let me tilt it for you. Is that better?
I went for a more subtle Pile Up on this one. It's probably not a true Pile Up, but I had to share it with you. I colored the image with Copics and then Stickled her up. I applied Stickles to the rose, the ribbon on her shirt, her eyes, lips and hair.
After the Stickles dried I added a layer of Glossy Accents to her eyes and lips. My new favorite Stickles are Platinum. I used them to create highlights in her hair. I am SO in love with how she turned out.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you will join my Stickles Pile Up movement and share your creation. The clocks ticking, but you still have time to join in the Think Pink Linky Party. 

Thanks for coming to the Pile Up! I'll see you with another creation in a fort night.
~ Cathy, ATS Design Team

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards! Using lots of Stickles is so fun! Thanks for the photo tips!

    ReplyDelete