Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween and Stickles






Hello, it's Ann from Annmakes and today I am sharing with you some ideas on how to use Stickles in your Halloween crafty projects.  I love Halloween as I get to play and have the perfect excuse to eat candy, especially those little chocolate bars, yummy!    As you may remember I LOVE Stickles and I have played with them for years!  When, it comes to Halloween projects there seems to be no limit as to which colours and types of Stickles I can use.  I have a preference for the Distress Stickles and I also like to use a lot of Black Diamond in many of my projects.  You can use those stickles on just about anything, even your pumpkins!  Just remmber that if you enjoy putting stickles on any thing that will be outside you may want to give it a sealant coat after the stickles have dried thoroughly to make sure they stay on.


I already said that there are no rules as to which colours work best for Halloween projects as it is a time for massive decorating and anything looks fancier with some bling.  Have you noticed all the Halloween decorations for sale in the store?  Most of them have shiny or glittery surfaces, in all colours!  

None the less, I do love the Spiced Marmalade  and Paprika for a gorgeous pumpkin colour!  The Burgundy  makes blood look even bloodier.  The greens are just awesome to use for eyes on black cats.  And, the Blacks are great for cats, bats, and witches.  Oh but the list could go on and on...


I know I have shared this Layout project before, but here is a close up of one of the spider webs I made using a Little Yellow Bicycle chip board, Black acrylic paint by Ranger and of course Black Diamond Stickles as well as Rock Candy.


Again, here I used some Black Stickles, subtly on this Halloween card I made,  shiny black on yellow really stands out.
        


Here is a sample chart of just some of the effects you can get from using Stickles and colored pencils on Halloween themed stamp images. (Stamps from Halloween 2013 by Get Inky! stamps for Blue Moon Creation).

Go ahead and get creative, it's for Halloween after all and anything goes!
Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

  1. Ann awesome ideas... I used my Stickles on my Halloween projects this weekend...
    Woohoo!!!! Aren't Stickles wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so you are addicted too! Just kidding. But yes I do find them wonderful. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete