Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pile Up Wednesday: Halloween Edition

Hello Stickles Lovers! Welcome to Wednesday!!!! Cathy here from the ATS Design Team bringing you another Pile Up Wednesday. I have FOUR creations to share with you inspired by our current Halloween Linky Party. A few are from my archives but they all show you varying ways to achieve a Stickles Pile Up. What's a Stickles Pile Up? It's just like it sounds, either you add a lot of one color of Stickles or you use several colors on the same project.

Here's a peek at the cards I created.

Here's the first creation, quite clean and simple with just a mini Pile Up.
Stamp: Pumpkin Kitten (Beary Wishes)
Stickles: (Orange Peel, Baby Blue, Distress Straw)
I did the basic Pile Up technique of applying Stickles along the lines of the image. I outlined the pumpkin with Orange Peel, added Baby Blue to the kitten's bow and Distressed Straw to the flowers. This is the nice and easy way to start a Pile Up.

My second card uses the method of adding copious amounts of Stickles to an entire area of your image. Another easy way to get a Pile Up.
Stamp:Witch 1 (A Day for Daisies)
Stickles: (Lime Green, Magenta, Cotton Candy)
I had this awesome designer paper from DCWV that created the perfect back drop to my witch. A bit of fussy cutting and she looks like part of the scene.

This photo shows where I applied Stickles. Her dress has a solid layer of glittery goodness. I wanted to give some dimension to her hat so I only applied to the shadowed areas.

Card number three has a CAS layout with the Stickles Pile Up on the image. I combined several Stickles coloring techniques.
Stamp: Pumpkin Love Witch (Torico) 
Stickles: (Purple, Lime Green, Lavender, Black Diamond, Copper)
I outlined the pumpkin in Copper, used Black Diamond on the shadows of her hat and boots, a solid layer of Lime Green on her hair, and heavy accents on the shadows of her dress with Lavender.

My last creation has quite the Pile Up. This time I mixed in some Distress Stickles to the mix. They have a chunkier matte look than Original Stickles which work well with Halloween images.
Stamp: Attie Pumpkin (Pattie G) 
Stickles: (Black Diamond, Orange Peel, Cotton Candy, Gunmetal, Mystic Green; Distress: Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Milled Lavender)
I angled the pic on the left so you can see where I applied Stickles. There's not much space that's free from glitter! If you look closely at the grass you can see Mystic Green as the border and Distress Peeled Paint filled into the grassy area. See, they are a little different. I used Orange Peel on the outlines of the pumpkin and filled it in with Distress Spiced Marmalade. The kitty is decked out in Gunmetal and Cotton Candy; Distress Milled Lavender provides the sparkle stars around the image and Black Diamond adds the right amount of shine to the pumpkin face. I opted to leave the kitty's eyes sparkle free and added Black Enamel Accents (another awesome Ranger product).

That's all I have for you today. I hope you will join my Stickles Pile Up movement and share your creation. The clocks ticking, but you still have time to join in the Halloween Linky Party. 

Thanks for coming to the Pile Up! I'll see you with another creation in a fort night.
~ Cathy, ATS Design Team

1 comment:

  1. They are all so nice, but my favourites are the ones with cats! :)

    ReplyDelete