Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Monday, October 14, 2013

Halloween Mixed Media




Hello, and Happy thanksgiving and an early Happy Halloween!.   It's Ann from Annmakes. Yup, here it is Canadian Thanksgiving and we are feasting on Turkey and all the trimmings including some delicious pumpkin pie. On our blog we are starting a new theme:  Halloween!  The fall is my favourite season because it encompasses my son's birthday, Thanksgiving, Halloween and the beautiful changing colours of the trees.  Today I wanted to show you a bit of my family's passion for Halloween with this piece that I made and that will be added to our Halloween Village that we set up every year.  (We do this again for Christmas with another village set.)




Here is Mr. Skeleton ready to party with his sparkly top hat and a dead rose between what is left of his rotted teeth.  His all wooden coffin is painted in Deathly Black and Funeral Purple with an overcoat of Rock Candy Stickles from Ranger.  His spookiness is surrounded by his pals the Ghosts, Bats, and Spiders.  The Happy Halloween is made from a Get Inky! by Blue Moon Creation stamp, Memento black Ink and Purple Stickles by Ranger, on a scrap of card stock.  The Coffin, skeleton, ghosts, bats, spiders and webs, even the branch in the background were all purchased at Dollarama.  The little rose which also has Pink Stickles by Ranger on it, and the top hat are made from supplies in my collection.  The paints are acrylic craft paints, Craft Decor.

I had a great time making this project and I hope that you will have fun too with your own Halloween creations, just remember to use Stickles and enter our challenge.

Thanks for viewing.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME project, Ann! This will be a great addition to your Halloween village. My favorite part is the rose inbetween his teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must not have published my comment! I absolutely love it...the skeleton and coffin are so eerie! What a fun decoration!

    ReplyDelete