Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tips & Techniques Tuesday: Doodling with Stickles

Hello Stickles Lovers and WELCOME to Tips & Techniques Tuesday. Cathy here from design team to show you a quick way to add Stickles doodles to your creations. I like to think of my bottles of Stickles as liquid crayons. They are perfect for coloring just about anything and to use for making patterns and/or doodles. I'm using Easter Avery from one of our awesome sponsors, The Paper Nest Dolls. I colored her with Copics and decided her outfit was just a little bit too plain for what I had in mind.
 The first step was to create a polka dot pattern on her dress with Purple Stickles. No need to try and get every dot precise, just dab on a random pattern.
 I couldn't leave the polka dots by themselves, so I filled in the dress with Yellow Stickles (which happens to be the featured color of our current Linky Party). I didn't wait for the purple to dry, just squeezed yellow in-between the dots.
 I kept going with my Stickles embellishments and created a striped pattern on her leggings and added extra glitz throughout the image. Here's Easter Avery 'Stickled Up' and wet.
And here she is once the Stickles has dried.
I pulled a few scraps from my bucket and created an Easter card.
Did you spy a few other Stickles doodles on the card? You can use Stickles to create a pattern on images or to enhance designer paper. I added small Stickles dots to the centers of the large polka dots on the card base, and doodles a pattern along one of the panels. I love the squiggle dot squiggle doodle and use it on lots of my cards for a frame.
Here are a few samples from other cards I've created where I've used Stickles to doodle. One of the easiest ways is to enhance patterned paper. I dotted my flowers with Purple and added Stardust dots to the white grid.
Another example of enhancing the existing pattern on paper is to just doodle right over the existing pattern. I punched up this plaid paper with Diamond Stickles over the orange lines.
I love to doodle movement lines on birds and butterflies. These butterflies look like they are about to take flight since they are somewhat popped up. Stickles doodles on the wings give a pattern and I added a dotted flight line between each butterfly to mimic the dots on the paper.

There you go, a quick and easy way to use Stickles to add patterns through doodling. Are you a doodler? Do you love Stickles? Have you ever thought about combining the two? Please share your doodle tips in the comments and if you are inspired by this technique, link up your creation!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a Stickle filled day!

~DT Cathy



3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, Cathy! Can't wait to try some doodling of my wn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, I've done that sort of thing a lot, I really need to use my Stickles more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doodle and I stickle, so now I'll put them together!

    ReplyDelete