Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tips & Technique Thursday: Faux Stained Glass Stickles

Today we are a featuring a Stickles technique by our guest blogger, the lovely Angeline from Scrappy Scrappy

How many of us have bottles of Stickles in our stash? I know I do :) If you love Stickles as much as I do, the All That Stickles blog has plenty of ideas, techniques and more.

Today I am more than delighted to be able to share a technique with you. This is called the "Faux Stained Glass" Stickles technique.



1. Get a piece of acetate and stamp your favorite image with archival ink and let dry.


2. Grab your favorite stickles. Here I've used Lime Ice / Gold Ice / Frayed Burlap / Fired brick / Tattered Rose / Worn Lipstick / Broken China


3. Turn the acetate over (to the non stamped side) and color the image with Stickles. Be generous :) If you go over the outline, you can clean it up with a cotton bud or toothpick. 


4. Leave it to dry overnight. If you opt to use a heat gun, remember that heat will melt the acetate - so do keep it at a safe distance. The recommended option is just to let it dry overnight. This is how it looks like after drying. If you want, you can add more Stickles and let it dry again.


5.  Next, cut a piece of patterned paper, the same size as the acetate. Here, I have cut both pieces to 3 1/4" x 4 1/4". Put some glossy accents on the Stickles part, so that when you turn it over, the glue will not show through.


6.  Here's how it looks like when you turn it over! :) 



7. Then, it's time to embellish! I've made a card using white cardstock that is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut a piece of patterned paper of the same size as the background. Add a piece of banner border at the bottom of the card and stick the acetate to the card with some double sided tape. Finish the card with a sentiment and a bow.

Hope you like this technique! Do give it a try and have fun with Stickles! 

For more scrappy ideas, do visit my blog at www.scrappyscrappy.blogspot.com

Angeline

9 comments:

  1. Angel, you are brilliant, my friend! I love this technique and your tutorial is very easy to follow! Well done indeed! I can't wait to try this. And, it looks like you have quite the Stickles collection there! You go, Girl! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie! You are always so kind , my friend. Lots of hugs! Yes do try. I was having so much fun with the Stickles I didn't want to stop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, Angeline! Thanks, I'll try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such a fabulous technique!! I am definately going to try this. Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-very cool technique, Angeline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! Thank you for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete