Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Friday, November 15, 2013

Featured Fan Friday: La-Vie, Part II

Please give a warm welcome once again to Featured Fan for the month of November, La-Vie from C'est La-Vie Designs!

 It's been a fun month so far guest designing and hearing from my fans far and wide, new and old. Thanks so much for your support! My heart is warmed!

For this link party - Let's Talk Turkey - we are to create projects including a turkey and (but of course...) Stickles!!! I decided to create a clean and simple Thanksgiving 8x8 scrapbook page of my children. 

Starting with DCWV Timeless stack, I chose a vintage looking typewritten card stock for the base and built it from there with Cricut cuts and Stickles.


The turkey was cut from kraft cardstock by Recollections using the Cricut cart Create a Critter 2 at 5 inches. Happy Thanksgiving was cut from the same material and cart at 3 inches. I chose Cranberry, Cinnamon and Paprika Stickles to adorn these cuts because they are the BEST fall colors!!


Drawing in the title letters with Stickles gave the cuts that extra punch! The precision tip helped me make a precise application every time. 


I'm so enamored with my new chevron border punch from Stampin' Up! I decided to punch the border, affix and fill in with Stickles. A goal of mine is to make my own embellishments. From the looks of it, I am well on my way!!




This Turkey 'gave me life!' Although it is a simple layered cut, outlining and coloring Recollections cardstock with Stickles really makes it so much more rich in texture and style. All my critters end up with google eyes... there's no better way, LOL.


I decided to use a little kraft under the picture to tie everything together. When you're working small, every element counts! I hope you can see how sparkly and nice the Stickles are at this angle. The camera just doesn't do it justice! I love Stickles!!!


Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the challenge! For more info and to see many more projects by moi, visit my personal blog.



La-Vie

19 comments:

  1. I love the Turkey and the hat looks like you used glitter paper the stickles covered so well. Congrats on a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment Lyne!! I am going to use Stickles a lot more in my crafting from now on!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. Good job, as always, and I think I need to fine some of that Paprika - love the colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment Chris!! Paprika is all that! And wait till you see the 6 new colors that came out at CHA! I am going to use Stickles a lot more in my crafting from now on!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. I love the whole thing La-Vie love the way you added the stickles to the paper ohhh how it shines and the picture of the the babies. Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment on my work and my children Meka! I am going to use Stickles a lot more in my crafting from now on (as opposed to hoarding it, LOL)!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  4. Well, La-Vie, you did it again, girl!! That turkey is adorable! Love the Google eyes! I need to get that chevron punch! Great job and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Cherie!! Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment!! I love me some goggly eyes!! If you don't have a stampin' up! rep for the punch let me know. I have a great one here.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  5. That turkey is to cute,love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And your children made the page.I love the colors and the stickles made it so pretty and shines.Awesome Job La-Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment about my work and my kids my dear Felicia!! I love the shine too!! I am definitely going to use Stickles a lot more in my crafting from now on!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment!! I am going to use Stickles a lot more in my crafting from now on!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  7. I love your Stickled turkey, and that chevron border is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment Julie!! I am going to use Stickles a lot more in my crafting from now on! Grab that border punch from Stampin' Up! I've got a rep if you need one!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  8. Fantastic page...cute kids too! Great use of a variety of Stickles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment about my work and my children Karen!! I am going to use Stickles a lot more in my crafting from now on! I'm hooked!!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  9. That's so cute! Love the way you used the Stickles. Cute kids!!
    Glad to have you on ATS!

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Job! What a great use of Stickles!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete